Are you looking to join an Inc. 500 Top Media Company? Can you keep pace with a 2015 Atlanta Business Chronicle Pacesetter Award winner? CATMEDIA is comprised of groundbreaking creative solution seekers! We are an award winning creative services company that is well respected. We are sought out to deliver exciting and dynamic solutions involving broadcast productions, media production, creative facilities staffing, communication strategies, and innovative Human Resource Management.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an energetic and talented videographer/junior editor to contribute his/her knowledge and expertise to our creative services team.
- Candidates will possess creative and technical skills to shoot and edit video programs.
- Desired candidates’ video shooting experience will include: live and taped multi-camera studio and field video productions, including broadcast, online, and executive presentations; strong set, lighting and audio recording skills, and ease working with high level executives.
- Candidates’ video editing experience will include hands-on editing using AVID and Adobe Premiere.
- This position requires strong communication and customer interfacing skills. Candidates must possess demonstrated skills in meeting with clients, assessing needs, contributing to development of concepts/storyboarding, and carrying projects through from start to finish.
- Highly desired candidates will be self-starters who are organized and balance their creativity, speed and turnaround with their acute attention to detail.
- The videographer will be part of a large, talented and creative contracting team consisting of writers, communication account executives, designers and artists, video producers and editors, and web developers. Collaboration and support of this team is essential.
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts, Mass Communications, journalism, film and television
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in videography and video editing
- A high School diploma plus six (6) relevant years of experience. Should the candidate have an appropriate degree, it will be considered equivalent to one or two years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of and experience Mac OS X, Windows PC.
- Understanding of and experience using AVID and Adobe Premiere.
- Understanding and experience using Adobe Production and/or Creative Suite.
- Understanding and use of video production industry best practices
- Creative experience shooting and editing video productions for web and television.
- Knowledge of high-definition video productions with experience in the technical aspects of videography and editing.
- Set up and operation of production equipment including but not limited to: video cameras, lights, microphones and teleprompter.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment as well as demonstrating independent initiative and follow through.
- Ability to organize and manage several large projects at once, in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to organize and manage all video equipment, media and B-Roll.
- Strong willingness to learn and collaborate.
- Ability to work with internal staff as well as external vendors and contractors.
- Sensitivity and some experience working with high-level executives.
- Strong customer service, communication and social skills.
- Able to travel outside the Washington DC area.
Additional skills and experience considered a plus, but not required:
- Understanding and experience using Final Cut Pro.
- Strong skills in audio mixing and sound design.
- Understanding of codecs and compression for video.
- Possess a strong eye for color correction.
- Creative experience shooting and editing video productions for streaming media and live presentations.
- Knowledge of Logic Pro and/or Pro Tools.
- Experience using Cinema 4D
- Experience using 3D Studio Max
- Motion graphic development.
- You must already reside in the Washington, DC area.
Reply to Careers@CATMEDIA.com with your cover letter, full resume and references.
This full-time position is located in the Washington, DC area. Salary is commensurate with experience within a competitive range. Includes great benefits package, Federal holidays and accrued paid leave. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility.