JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Senior Proposal Writer is responsible for developing compliant, compelling proposals to provide Creative Services, Training and Coaching, and Program Management Support to federal government agencies. The primary role is to develop and produce written proposal content with a singular, persuasive voice, while articulating and integrating a winning strategic message. The Candidate will report directly to the Director of Capture and Proposals, and will coordinate with members of the business development (BD) team in performance of this role. Duties will encompass interviewing various subject matter experts (SMEs), documenting technical and management solutions, and effectively translating those solutions through written narrative in the corresponding proposal response. The Senior Proposal Writer will be also be responsible for analyzing RFP documents and preparing response outlines to ensure compliance with RFP requirements, establishing and managing proposal schedules, and driving progress towards established deadlines. Additional proposal development duties include providing technical writing and editing, and leading and participating in proposal reviews to ensure winning messages are incorporated within each proposal and across all volumes and sections.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reads and dissects RFPs, RFQs, and other solicitation documents to develop response outlines according to requirements to ensure proposal is compliant.
- Participates in proposal strategy meetings to identify and document solutions, win themes, and discriminators.
- Prepares and maintains proposal schedules and supports proposal development.
- Collaborates with team members to develop proposal sections that clearly articulate the team’s overall solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, win themes, and discriminators.
- Applies interpersonal and interviewing skills to gather needed information from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to support writing activities.
- Translates technical subject matter and baseline solutions into easily understandable, process-oriented content.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections ensuring compliance with all RFP requirements.
- Ensures optimal organization, presentation and articulation of solution in the proposal and oversees incorporation of key messaging that clarifies the strengths of CATMEDIA’s offer, including any discriminators.
- Reviews proposal content for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to RFQ requirements; rewriting as necessary.
- Performs technical writing and editing to produce written proposal content that is clear and concise.
- Performs proofreading and editing to ensure clarity, punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Performs desktop publishing for proposals in MS Word to ensure proposal documents are properly formatted, easy to read, and visually appealing.
- Supports RFP, RFI and Rapid Response Task Order responses as assigned.
- Contributes to refining internal processes, methodologies and other improvements to help improve proposal quality.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in English, Communications or Marketing;
- 5-7 years of proposal writing experience for federal government contracts;
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Shipley training or knowledge and familiarity with Shipley methodology;
- Ability to support multiple concurrent proposal efforts with shifting priorities in a fast-paced
- environment under tight deadlines;
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with Leadership Development, Multimedia Production, Strategic Communications and Public Affairs, Program and Project Management, and other domains related to Company’s service offerings preferred.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and weekends, as required;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of federal government contracting and federal acquisition process;
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to set and manage deadlines;