Are you looking for a new public relations career opportunity? Would you like to use your communication skills to work with a large client within the public sector? Do you want a career that allows you to put your enthusiasm and personality to work? If so, then CATMEDIA is the company for you! We are currently hiring for a fast-paced, energetic and talented Public Affairs Specialist to provide media relations to one of our clients based in Atlanta, GA.
We are seeking a Public Affairs Specialist with documented experience drafting press release and presenting client news stories. The role is that of a communications generalist, handling projects and responsibilities ranging from public relations, media relations, social media, website content, and email newsletters to generate awareness for our client.
- Draft, edits, designs and evaluates press releases, statements and communication programs for our medical healthcare client.
- Provide advice and technical assistance in the planning, development and evaluation of effectiveness of the client’s communication with targeted audiences, using a variety of communications methods.
- Provide advanced competency and knowledge of effective communication strategies, messaging and venues for individual audience needs for information.
- Serve as the primary liaison in the area of communication between the organization and its affiliates, the external public.
- Provide a full range of knowledge about successful marketing tools, and servicing of specialized needs of various audiences in order to advise and consult with the client’s communication subject matter experts accurately articulating essential public health information.
- Develop communication vehicles working with communication and IT specialists, to help reach employee communication goals.
- Responsible for review, control and dissemination of a variety of information concerning client’s various department components.
- Create a valued system of employee communication that helps improve communication between leadership and employees.
- Lead communication projects, using agency-wide stakeholders.
- Track and report status of training development activities.
- Submit monthly Activity Contact Reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, Marketing, Advertising/Public Relations, or English from an accredited, four year college or university.
- Must have 4-8 years of relevant experience-Advertising copywriting, newspaper or magazine reporting.
- Public relations writing experience needed for success in role.
- Experience in developing communication messages and materials such as press releases, fact sheets, talking points, and frequently asked questions.
- Comfortable with frequently speaking to reporters and pitching story ideas.
- Experienced in building relationships with media representatives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; knowledge of general communication principles and theories.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Project management experience.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work independently (with minimal supervision) or collaborate as part of a team
- Creative problem solving.
- Willingness to learn new concepts.
- Must show patience, flexibility and adaptability.
Reply to Creative.Staffing@catmedia.com with your cover letter, full resume and references.
This full-time position is located within the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area. Salary is commensurate with experience within a competitive range. Includes great benefits package, Federal holidays and accrued paid leave. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility. Offer is conditional upon successful completion of a background check and drug test.