Are you an experienced Instructional Designer with a passion and desire for adult learning and training? Do you excel at bringing complex subject matter to life to engage science and health professionals?
CATMEDIA is recruiting for an Instructional Designer/Project Manager to provide instructional design of training materials, development and modification of new and existing instructor and self taught learning. You must effectively engage project team members and stakeholders to ensure organizational goals are completed. To thrive in this role, you must be professional, learner-centered and be able to develop solutions for our clients. Embracing new technologies and utilizing proven methodologies to create highly impactful learning experiences is the goal.
Our ideal candidate will excel in analyzing and evaluating learning solutions, can complete needs assessments and determine successful solutions; and those who enjoy working with stakeholders to design effective and creative learning solutions.
Projects involve: new employee training, employee development, and leadership training for managers and executives. When a client requests our services, we use our unique, creative development strategies to analyze the need, recommend solutions, and create engaging, memorable training.
- Designs and develops instructional material for training courses that support clients organizational goals.
- Constructs learning outcomes-based e-learning for courseware.
- Be the consulting instructional designer for assigned projects.
- Identify the best learning method for the client organization.
- Collaborates with and coaches subject matter experts through the learning development process.
- Facilitate meetings with client managers and subject matter experts to ensure accurate information and full disclosure involving projects.
- Design Section 508 compliant courses and materials.
- Design and develop learning products based on sound instructional design principles and adult learning theory.
- Develop storyboards, job aids and exercises that reflect the expertise of subject matter experts.
- Use CATMEDIA’s creative approach to adult learning to suggest the best learning solution
- Review and test content for client satisfaction
- Manage design projects from start to finish (including project plans and action items).
- BS/BA REQUIRED in Instructional Design, Education, or Communications (Master’s Degree in Instructional Design preferred)
- 5-7 years work related experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Lectora experience is a plus
- Proven experience in practical instructional design
- Proven ability to design and develop creative/engaging training materials
- Strong training skills as demonstrated by experience in instructing others on instructional design best practices
- Ability to work with others to capture technical content and provide quality instructional design guidance for creating effective training activities
- Manage multiple projects and daily duties simultaneously-planning, prioritizing and meeting deadlines
- Must be able to pass a federal background check
- Project management and/or technical lead skillsets
- Self-motivated, team player with ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Adult Learning Methodology
- Technical Writing
- Performance Measuring
- Positive and open attitude along with flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel
Reply to Careers@CATMEDIA.com with your cover letter, full resume and references.
The second step in our selection process is the completion of our Culture Index. Please click on the link provided below to complete our Culture Index. Please select Instructional Designer as the job to complete.
This position is located onsite at our client’s location in NE Atlanta, GA. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We have a phenomenal salary package (great salary, benefits, PTO, paid federal holidays) and an excellent, diverse, energetic work environment.